Steam is a great way to add needed volume and life to limp, dry, static prone hair. It provides moisture and hydration to the hair by temporarily lifting the cuticle of the hair to allow moisture to penetrate the hair shaft providing a deep conditioning. The Q-Redew steam makes detangling a breeze. It is while hair is soft, moist and warm, but not saturated, that you can quickly melt away tangles without damaging hair.
- Apply Q-Redew steam to roots or through length of the hair to provide lift, volume, and enhance natural texture.
- Use the prongs of the Q-Redew to lift and separate hair to distribute steam.
- Use Clips at roots as needed to create lift.
- Let hair cool before touching to avoid frizz.
- Deep conditioning can be done on wet or dry hair.
- Hair should be divided hair into sections.
- Working in sections, apply your favorite moisturizer to your hair. When choosing a moisturizer look for products with water listed as a primary ingredient.
- Apply Q-Redew steam to length of hair on section at a time.
- Unlike a hooded steamer where you need to wait for the steam to penetrate all layers of your hair, when using the Q-Redew you are efficiently moving the steam across the surface of each section. You will immediately feel hair warm and soften.
- Start with dry sectioned hair.
- Steam a section from root to end
- Use fingers or wide-tooth comb to detangle gently.
- Once the section has been thoroughly detangled, clip the section out of the way and move to the next section.
- Follow with cleansing and styling as desired.